Gay Men’s Health Summit 2010, a CGSM Sponsored Event
Impact, Resistance & Resilience: Reshaping gay men’s thinking about mental wellness.
The Centre is pleased to support this summit through sponsorship of a workshop and presentation on intersectionality. Details from the organizers below.
Online registration for the Gay Men’s Health Summit 2010 is now open! For registration information, please visit the Summit registration page at www.gaysummit.ca .
When and where?
Thursday November 25 & Friday November 26, 2010
Harbour Centre, Simon Fraser University
515 West Hastings St., Vancouver
What’s up for discussion?
- The impacts of homo-negativity.
- Gay bashing, masculinity and power.
- Gay youth, suicide, and bullying.
- Factors that influence gay men’s mental health and wellness.
- Sex, defiance, the pursuit of pleasure, and taboo.
- Increasing criminalization of people living with HIV.
- Resiliency and vulnerabilities related to HIV.
- Relaxation, self-contemplation, and meditation.
You are invited to participate in a two-day summit in Vancouver about gay men across the life span. Attendance is welcome from all gay men, and from those working and volunteering in gay men’s health and wellness.
Come hear Canada’s leading researcher on gay youth, Dr. Elizabeth Saewyc from UBC and the McCreary Centre, speak about gay teenagers, what they face, and how they cope. 8000 men from across Canada have responded to the latest Sex Now survey – get the results at this year’s Summit.
Register now at www.gaysummit.ca !
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 25th, 2010 at 9:00 am and is filed under Events.